Thursday 20 February 2014

A Loss at Homemade Heaven


Homemade Heaven lost it's biggest fan and editor my husband Keith. On the 7th of January the man who believed anything was possible, died tragically in in a car crash - together with the newest addition to our family, my son Nordin.

I too was injured in the crash and am now not mobile for a while. But this won't stop me from showing just how much I had learnt about perseverance from Keith. I now do "Cooking with Crutches" or "Meals on Wheechairs".

Apologies for the photo quality and styling and any spelling mistakes. It's not always that easy with one hand or from the seated position or with my terrible grammar, but I will try to keep everyone out there full of lovely meals.

Thank you for those who have followed all the progress over the all the years and I look forward to sharing this new chapter of my life.


4 comments:

Nina said...

Ai, Rose, not the best time of your life I'm sure, but you teach us all so much!

Teresa said...

Rose, your resilience is an inspiration to all of us! x

Jeanne said...

Oh Rose, my heart aches for you. In my darkest hours last week when I was lying helpless in a hospital bed in France with a broken leg, my thoughts kept returning to you. I figured if you could deal with yout injuries as well as the loss of your beloved Keith and Nordin I had no right to complain. Nick has been by my side evey step of the way and I do not know how I could have done this without him. Sending love and healing thougts from one hop-along Cassidy to another xxxxx

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

You are amazing! Life has a plan for you and I hope that it comes with its own dose of joy. Hope you are healing a breath and a moment at a time xxx

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels